Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

It's Been a Roller Coaster Ride!

After my last post, Rachel's headaches spiked and it was like starting over at square 1...and she was so upset! It was so sudden. One minute her headaches are at a level of 5 and the next she is weak, pale, shaky, and the pain level is back to 9.

They have doubled all of her medications and had to give her another medication to help with the pain. I had to have this medicine 12 years ago to keep me from going into pre-term labor with Hannah and it was not fun...it was a little scary.

Naturally, we were concerned when they decided to give the medication to Rachel. Thankfully, the dosage was much smaller than what I was given many years ago. Her headaches are down to a 2 or 3 and our daughter is finally resting as I type.

I doubt that we will be able to go home tomorrow but that is okay. We want Rachel to be well and for there to be no more headaches.

It's been a roller coaster kind of day for sure but God is over it all and we take great comfort in knowing that He is in charge and that He knows what is best for Rachel.

My sweet brother and my Uncle Tony surprised us tonight. How wonderful to see both of them! Thank you Mrs. Amanda and family for the wonderful basket of goodies. We have enough snacks to last until the end of the month! Ya'll are so good to us.

We are praying that Rachel has a great night with a lot of sleep and very little pain. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers.

Joyfully,
Kristi

3 comments:

Marsha said...

Continuing to pray the doctor will be able to correct this problem. Hoping you all can get some rest tonight.

Unknown said...

Kristi, you and Rachel were in my prayers today. I'm sorry she's been through so much pain.

Sheryl

Angela said...

God is over it all and we take great comfort in knowing that He is in charge and that He knows what is best for Rachel.
amen amen amen....continuing to cover you in prayer.