Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Boxes Full of Goodness and Love

I needed a few gifts for teachers and friends and I had a little time to be creative. It felt so good to paint again. I have missed getting my creativity on.

Anyway, I thought I would share the process with you,
just in case you need a last minute gift idea.

I found these paper mache boxes at Hobby Lobby for 50% off. The large boxes were on sale for $1.50 each and the small ones only cost $1.00.


I had fun looking for some cute images to paint and I just used tracing paper to transfer the shapes onto the boxes.

Then I got out my tub of craft paints and painted to my heart's content while listening to Christmas carols.




After they dried I used a black Sharpie to outline the characters.
It just seems to make them pop a bit, don't you think?









I just love the big carrot noses.


Then I found a fabulous recipe in Gooseberry Patch's Jolly Holiday Cookbook.
It's called Comet's White Chocolate Crunch.
Start with 5 C of cheerios

Add 5 Cup of Chex Corn Cereal
10 oz mini pretzels
2 Cups of peanuts

Next add (my favorite part) 16 oz. of M & M's
we chose the Christmas blend for a little bit of festive goodness

Mix well.
Now, in a double boiler (I like to live dangerously so I just did this in a skillet)
melt 24 oz of white chocolate chips
with 3 T. of oil

When the chocolate has melted, pour over the cereal mixture.
Spread mixture evenly onto wax paper lined cookie sheets (I just lined my kitchen island and skipped the cookie sheet...it's just another thing to wash) and cool.
Yummy! Then I just used gallon sized ziplock bags and filled them up. I added a little tag with the name of the treat and a bright red bow. I think they turned out pretty cute and we can hardly wait to deliver them tomorrow at church.



Joyfully,
Kristi

7 comments:

Karen M said...

Adorable! You are very talented. I'm not good with paint at all. So I admire anyone who can.

Leaon Mary said...

Cute bags Kristi!

Isn't it fun to pull out those paints and play?!!

The reindeer food looks good too!
Mmmmm
Lea

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh how completely cute my friend. I love the carrot nose on the snowman. It looks like something I might grow in my garden lol.
I wish I could have a bag!!! I'm telling you Texas looks better and better all the time lol.
Hugs.

Erica said...

Great job!!!
They are too cute and delicious all at the same time. My mom and I have been searching for a similar recipe for a while now...I can't wait to tell her I found it!

Tracy said...

Those turned out so adorable! = )

Natalie said...

I LOVE that! You are so creative! Any teacher would love to get a gift like that!

Anonymous said...

These are so adorable!

I have been swamped with work & have not had much "free" time online. I just got a chance to check in on your blog & I love the header of your girls w/ the hats!

-Sarah