Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Thankful Thursday 8/21/08




Today, I'm thanking God for our summer...for the special memories...joy and laughter...lazy days...going to movies...trips...adventures in teaching Rachel how to drive...picking up Hannah from basketball camp...hearing about Rachel's first mission trip to Arlington...the decision to stay at our home church...new blogging friends...A+ in Industrial Psychology...back to school shopping...watching the Olympics together...gardening in our vegetable garden...water gun fights...shrimp boils...wii tournaments...guitar hero...sweet memories to last a lifetime!


School supplies and new school clothes have been purchased, which means it's almost that time. Part of me is ready, part of me is not. Time for busy schedules and new adventures with the Lord. I'm thankful that this is my final Fall semester as an undergrad. It's my senior year in college-part of steps of faith in returning to what God called me to do years ago. Rachel begins her sophomore year and Hannah start junior high. Be still my heart!


Oh, there is so much to be thankful for. Father, thank you for the blessing of summer and for special memories with my sweet daughters and husband. Thank you for this season of rest. May we bring you much honor and glory this school year! You alone know what this school year holds. We trust you all the way. You lead and we will follow. I'm so thankful to be called your child. Thank you for the privilege and joy of being a wife and mother. You are so good!


13 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

All set for new adventures is looks like. It's great to have all those memories and preparing to make new ones.
Have a great day my friend.
Kim

Erica said...

You have made such good use of the special time you had over the summer. I know the Lord will honor and bless the "squeezed in" moments thoughout the school year. Have a wonderful year!

Colored Heart said...

Amazing list! I enjoyed reading... your whole bunch of thankfuls! I feel your heart is full this summer. Have a delightful school days ahead... opportunities to exercise those faith muscles are up ahead! Go and bring home the bacon, girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Good mourning!

Denise said...

May God sweetly bless your children this school year, and always.

Addicted to Beadz said...

Kristi,

What a great list for today. Thanks for sharing!

Blessings!
Cheryl

Jenileigh said...

Great Thankful Thursday! Be blessed.

Laurie Ann said...

May God bless you for the precious praises you have sent up to Him. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Melanie said...

Ooooh.. I'm thankful for the summer, too. Such wonderful memories!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

So much to be thankful for! Thanks for stopping by my blog. It is great to meet you! And BTW...you go girl...with driving an Indy Car...quite impressive. :)

In Christ-Stacy

Peggy said...

Blessings Kristi...You have a lovely Thankful Thursday post! So much adventure that filled your summer and being ready for school for all of you! Such sweet words especially your final words to Our Father...a prayer of gratefulness and love! He is GOOD!

Enjoy the rest of your time as well!

Anonymous said...

Here's to a Happy Summer and a Colorful Fall!

Nancie said...

Lovely thankful post, Kristi! Thank God for blessing you with summer and for special memories with your sweet daughters and husband. May God continue to bless your family. Take care!