Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Lockers & Tomatoes

Tackle It Tuesday Meme



My baby is in Junior High, ya'll! My baby! I still can't believe it.
I say this all of the time but I have to say it again: Where does the time go?
It seems like only yesterday I was holding this precious one in my arms. Now her arms are nearly as long as mine! She is mighty proud that she is almost as tall as I am. She is 5' 81/2" tall. Oh, my!


(Just for the record, yes Baylor we would love a full basketball scholarship one day, just not today thank you!)


We had so much fun going to the school last week to decorate her very first locker. She wanted the locker disco ball but Target (You have to say it like this: Tar-sjay) was all out. Here is my proud girl and her locker:

Please, meet the future Mrs. Nick Jonas! He is sure to put a smile on her face every day, between every class. She hearts Nick Jonas! Can you tell?

Rachel and I had fun thinking about her first locker. She had pictures of our trip to St. John, US Virgin Islands. Her locker was very peaceful and serene. Both first lockers were special and fun to decorate. I'm so thankful that I got to be a part. My girls are such delight!

We also tackled the tomatoes this week. When we returned from Living Proof Live (I can hardly wait to tell you all about it, I'll try to on Friday, if not before) my garden was bursting all over. In my garden just waiting were: 90 Big Maters (my husbands term), 58 little maters, 43 jalapenos, 72 yellow tomatoes, and 35 chili pequines! Here are a few pictures of the "maters":




I had such fun using some for home made salsa, freezing some for homemade pizza sauce and for chili in the winter, and giving away bags of tomatoes. I should have just as many to pick in a few more days. I'm so excited! My freezer is starting to look like it belongs to a real live gardener. What a blessing my garden has been!

Well, I better start cracking open a few books. May you have a blessed day doing whatever God calls you to tackle this day!





14 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Aww the 1st locker. Did we just not decorate our lockers in school or was it just me?LOL. I have this reoccurring dream that I can't get my locker open in between classes lol. Isn't that kooky? You tomatoes look wonderful. We make a killer salsa as well but have to wait till fall for our next bounty.
Have a blessed day my friend.

happyathome said...

I think you and I have the same garden situation, I have to harvest VERY BADLY and we have 48 tomoato plants! ACK!
Stop by my tackle which is similar to the mountain we climbed in Maine last week!
http://www.lifeislikechampagneblog.com/

Brenda said...

OK, I never had a tricked out locker like that when I was in junior high! And a locker disco ball???!! That is so cool that it almost makes me want to go back to junior high...almost!

Anonymous said...

Love all the gardening!!!!

I want more details!

God bless-
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Well, how fun! I didn't know that kids did that. It would be nice to get a glimpse of home each time you visited your locker. Great idea.

Erica said...

Very cute locker! What a fun time.
It looks like you are going to be busy for a while with all the "maters". Homemade pizza sauce, yummy!

Tiffanie Lloyd said...

Nice locker! I remember decorating mine... but it wasn't nearly as cool!

Natalie said...

I have a few maters of my own. How do you prepare them? I need some fresh ideas. I've done salsa and soup. Any advice?

Anonymous said...

Wow- those are some tomatoes! I am just relying on the abundance of my friend's gardens this year since mine was a wash. Yours looks great!
Toni

Debra Kaye said...

She looks so joyful! Here's to Mrs. Jonas!!

Muthering Heights said...

I think it's SO CUTE that you helped her decorate her locker! You're such a great mom...

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great locker and maters! We love fresh maters! :D

~michelle pendergrass said...

You lucky woman!! I'd love to have that many tomatoes!!

Kathy Schwanke said...

Is jr high 7th grade? She's that tall already???

It does go by sooo fast. I have written my share of nastalgic mom posts, and I am shakin' my head.

I am still waiting for my 'maters to turn red-I have 3 almost ready. Cant wait!!

When you get a chance, hop over to my blog, I tagged you.