Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Thanksgiving Show of Support 2013

My man and I had the great privilege of attending the Show of Support Dinner this past Thursday evening with his sister and brother-in-law.  Show of Support is an incredible ministry to, "Honor those who honor us with our freedoms."  (More information can be found by clicking here).  


Terry Johnson and his wife started this ministry ten years ago.  Their passion and vision to honor the Heroes who serve our country is both admirable and contagious.

Walking in to the venue, my eyes already began to flood with tears at the very sight of Old Glory, tables beautifully decorated in red, white, and blue, and countless service men and women already seated around the tables.


How often do you have the great blessing of being in the presence of heroes and brave men and women who bravely and willingly fought for your freedom and for mine?  There are no words to adequately express our gratitude.

Major Rusty Bradley was the Keynote Speaker,  and what a speaker he was!!!  Several times during his speech, the crowd erupted in applause and we all leapt to our feet.  To say the least, our country is aptly protected under his care!  What an honor to hear him speak.  He is the author of, Lions of Kandahar.


We were seated right behind Sheriff Gary Painter who must have had his granddaughter at the banquet with him.  I thought this was a tender moment captured.  She was worried about her grandpa when he would cry listening to the stories Major Bradley shared.  So sweet!



And then they introduced the Heroes that were honored that evening.  Each Hero received a custom cowboy hat, a rifle, a deer hunt, the wives were given jewelry.


We were in the company of many Purple Heart recipients and highly decorated men and women.


They seemed very humbled and appreciative of the much deserved recognition.





Clayton Williams was one of the sponsors.








And Susie Hitchcock Hall and her husband were as well.  Have you tried her delicious goodies? You can find them here....it's a West Texas tradition.



It was an unforgettable night!  My mind is still reeling with stories and faces of brave men and women who willingly fought for our freedoms.  How often do we take their sacrifice and love of God, family, and country for granted?  I'm thankful we had the opportunity to be there, to stand and applaud them....but there are so many more who deserve our gratitude.  This Thanksgiving, and every one after this, we remember and we are forever grateful!



No comments: