Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Becca's Rehearsal and Dinner

After the amazing visit with Rachel's neurosurgeon and a quick bite to eat, we quickly drove back to Grapevine, changed our clothes, and then headed out the door to the church for the wedding rehearsal.  Mr. Incredible and I were blessed to sing at Becca and Matt's wedding.  Becca, you may remember from a previous post, was our flower girl in our wedding nearly 21 years ago. 

The wedding rehearsal went as smoothly as possible.  My man and I were blown away by the quality of the monitor speakers, they were awesome!  After a quick cousin picture, it was time to go to the Cowboy Golf Club for a rehearsal dinner:

That's Becca in white in the picture above with one of her best friends, Shelby and with her ring bearer (his name was Trigger-so cute) and Emma her flower girl.  In the photos below, are my girls with Nonnie and Poppie (Mr. Incredible's parents), sweet Sarah and Emma talking to the gorgeous bride, and then Emma showing us her special gift:
The groom's parents hosted a wonderful dinner.  We dined on delicious fajitas with all of the trimmings.  The tables were decorated with the most gorgeous plant arrangements in the neatest boxes.  I was so busy visiting, that I missed taking a picture.  I learned later that Matt's parents own a Nursery and they had grown all of the the plants, and his dad had crafted each box. 
Before leaving the dinner to once again change clothes and spend some time with the bride and her family at her mom's beautiful home, we stopped by the trophy cabinet.  My oldest nephew's eyes got really large as he looked at all of the Dallas Cowboy trophies and rings in this cabinet.  I loved this picture with his reflection in the box.  He and his cousin just had to have several pictures taken in front of the cabinet. 
We enjoyed touring the Mother-of-the-Bride's new home and seeing all of her talented decorative touches.  She had the coolest wallpaper in her bathroom that I can't quit thinking about.  Did I take a picture?  No, sorry!  But it was the coolest wallpaper...and I'm not much of a wallpaper girl, but this was cool.  It had an aged look to it.  She told me that all you had to do was tear it and put it on the wall.  I wish you could see it to, but trust me it was cool and made me want to do a little wallpapering, which is saying a lot!

One of the funniest moments of the evening was seeing Becca's Yorkshire Terrier, Dixie, watch television.  Becca told us that Dixie loves to watch TV so she turned on her mom's TV and showed us.  Dixie stood on her back legs and watched every second.  If there was an animal, she would watch even more intensely and go back and forth with it. If the program was boring to her, she would look at Becca as if to say, "Could you turn the channel, please?"  It was so cute.  Once again, I missed taking her picture.  But, I snagged this one off of Becca's face book.  Here is Dixie watching the "Dog Show" on their TV:

She is so cute, it  makes me want to have another Yorkie.  I better run for now.  The temps here are going to be well over 100 degrees again today.  I better grab the newspaper off my front driveway before it melts into the concrete.  Ya'll have a blessed day!

3 comments:

Erica said...

You blessed me greatly by your comment today. I look up to you in so many ways, so your encouragment meant the world to me! I wish we lived closer so I could spend time just being near!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh that first picture cracked me up! I love your family and I've never even "met" you, YET!
The dog watching tv is just too cute.
Sounds like a super fun rehearsal dinner.
Have a super fabulous day my friend.
Kim

Colored With Memories said...

what a fun dinner!

great pics! do y'all live out this way? for some reason i thought y'all were out west. may just be foggy headedness from my bloggy break though!

kerry