Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Memorial Day 2011

Our community always has a Memorial Service and this year I encouraged my man that we needed to go and honor the families of fallen soldiers...and to honor his Pawpaw and Pappaw.  My Grandpa and my Pappaw are buried in Kansas and Arkansas so I wasn't able to honor them in person today, but I certainly did in my heart.
The wind was fierce but the fellowship was sweet.  It was a beautiful Memorial Day Service. 


We sang the Star Spangled Banner and His Truth is Marching On as the American flag waved above us:

I loved getting to snap these two pictures. The first one is a daddy and his son and the second one is of a grandpa and his grandson....so precious!  Makes me tear up every time I look at them.
And these last two are of Mr. Incredible's Pappaw's grave and flag, and His Pawpaw's grave and flag...and a flag flying downtown. 

I am thankful that we were blessed to attend the Memorial Service this morning.  And once again reminded of how blessed we are to live in the United States of America. I am thankful for the men and women who courageously serve our country and humbled at the thought of those who gave their lives for our country. 

No comments: