Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Textures are So Cool!

I learned a new technique in photoshop that I have been anxious to try.  It involves adding textures to photos.  I added a few textures to some of the pages in albums for clients recently but not on the actual portraits for framing.  I really, really like how they look!

The above picture is my original image and the image below is the same photo but with a texture added.  It gives the picture an entirely different look.


Here is another example.  Ya'll saw this on Friday for Jami's sneak peak.  I really like this photo.  The water, her blonde hair against the turquoise sky, the yellow flowers, and of course her pink tutu.


And here is the same photo with a little texture added to it. 


I know this grunge look isn't for every photo but it is so fun to do...and easy too!


2 comments:

VS said...

I actually liked the original more :)

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

My daughter knows more about photoshop than I do. She plays with it all the time. Me not so much. Maybe one day.
It's great to learn a new photo technique though. (So my daughter tells me! LOL)
I'm really enjoying your pictures. I may be sending you a first class ticket to Florida to snap some for us. LOL!
HUGS
Kim