Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

I Wish it Were 3 Miles!

Last Saturday morning, our baby girl ran in her first cross country meet of the year.  Hannah had to be at school at the early hour of 5:30 A.M.!   Which is way before the rooster even begins to crow!  She woke up just as happy as she could be...on only about 5 hours of sleep.  The night before we were at an away-game and we didn't get home until around midnight.  I expected waking up my sleeping beauty might be a little hard to do but she surprised me. She and I were ready within 30 minutes. 

On the way to the school, I asked her if she was ready.  To which she sweetly replied, "Yes, but I really wish it were 3 miles instead of 2.  I do so much better on 3 mile runs!"  I felt of her forehead to make sure that she wasn't running a fever and then we both giggled.  She really does like running 3 miles instead of 2 she explained that the race isn't as fast on the three mile runs.  Wow!  I admire her endurance and her confidence!

There were hundreds of girls at the meet.  Hannah's group ran with over 200 girls. 

As the race began I held my breath and prayed that no one would fall in that enormous group of girls.  Thankfully, Hannah and her team mates all made it safely.

I love this crowd shot.  You can see Hannah smiling as she began running.  I love that girl of mine! She has the happiest heart I know!
Her daddy and I watched and waited for her to come around the corner.  Look! 
 There she is.  Go, Hannah, go!

She finished the race strong and we were so proud of her!

Look at her precious face!  There is no way that this child was going to quit the race. She ran all the way to the finish line.  This steadfast, confident look on her face reminds me of this verse:  "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."  Hebrews 12:1.

I have always loved this verse!  We are surrounded by such a cloud of witnesses...they are cheering us on to victory...to finish the race marked out for us.  We are to run with perseverance and for His great glory! 

Hannah didn't finish in first place and she didn't finish in last...but she finished the race and we rejoiced!  What a great reminder for us spiritually! Can't you almost hear the Father saying, "Run, child of mine, run!  Don't give up...keep going...can't you hear Me cheering you on?!"

4 comments:

BARBIE said...

Great job Hannah! That's wonderful!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh to have that energy at this age when we really really need it! I could probably walk/jog that but I'm not sure I'd have a smile on my face like your precious beautiful daughter!
Tell her great job!
Loved the verse too! Perfect!
HUGS
Kim

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Run...baby..run.

Great job HANNAH!

How exciting Mamma!!!

bp said...

Great spiritual lesson for us.

Good job Hannah!