Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Two Months!

Yesterday we celebrated Rachel's 2 month anniversary. Two months ago she had brain decompression surgery....two months ago the Great Physician came to save the day....two months ago we saw first hand that He still performs miracles today...two months ago....my heart is so full.

Rachel continues to be headache free....no more choking....no more muscle fatigue...no more weakness. Praise the Lord, great things He has done!!!

Before Rachel's surgery, I started Beth Moore's "Esther: It's tough being a woman" study. I took a little break over the holidays but quickly picked the study back up when school started. How fitting that today's study revolved around, "A day of joy and feasting, a day for giving presents." Esther 9:19.

Psalm 16:5-6 says, "LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;surely I have a delightful inheritance." Beth explains, "In our own words we might say something like: Lord, in all the chaos and crisis, all the threat and doubt, You caused my life to work out. Instead of me falling apart, the lines of my life have fallen together. Truly I can say that You have given me a delightful inheritance."

She continues, "No matter what life--or satan himself--hands us, the favor God has on His children causes that "lot" to tumble out on the table in such a way that, instead of destruction, the child will discover that her portion turned into destiny one trusting step at a time. When all is said and done, she will see that the portion God assigned her was good. Right. Rich. Full of purpose." Glory! Praise You, Father!

I don't know what you are going through right now, but this I do know, we are dearly loved; you are dearly loved! Keep holding on to Him....keep taking those steps of faith... He is with you. He is our portion, and He supports our lot. And there is nothing like being held in the very palm of His mighy hand!

9 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I love that Rachel is headache free. I know that it was a concern as they said she may not be. God is so good and He will bring us through our trials.
Hugs
Kim

Andrea said...

AMEN!! Praising GOD with you. May Rachael have "many" more beautiful anniversaries.

Blessings, andrea

Barbie said...

Rejoicing with you in Rachel's healing! God is so very good. So thankful she is not suffering with headaches anymore. I would love to do a Bible study on the book of Esther. May have to check that out. Blessings!

Blue Creek Home said...

Your girls are so pretty...just like their mommy!!

I am so happy that Rachel's surgery was successful.
Blessings
Rhonda

Melanie said...

I'm glad you stopped by so I could check in and see about Rachel's surgery. I had been praying for her. Her name is in my prayer journal.
I still believe in miracles, even though...
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Leaon Mary said...

I'm so happy for you all Kristi!!!
Two months already? That's awesome. WHAT A WONDERFUL ANNIVERSARY.
Rejoicing with you,
Holykisses,
Lea

Debra Kaye said...

Oh Kristi,

I'm so glad I was able to read this story today. I have been so absent in blog land. It has just been easier to keep up on Facebook. I just got back from Texas for a Mary Kay conference but I really didn't get a chance to stop at all and have any friend time...sigh!

You and your girls look wonderful. I am so happy that Rachel is headache free. Praise the Lord!!

Josh took his asvab test to enlist yesterday and he and Jason are at the US Army today picking out his job. If you would just pray for his Mama's heart to be tended to by the Father and not be so melancholy (I feel so alone already) that would be great!

I've missed you too and Edie is working on a new blog design for me and I hope to get more balanced at blogging again.

Love ya so much, girlie! Love to your beautiful girls!

sister sheri said...

What a wonderful update! Praise our awesome God!

Jaunna said...

Wow, no more headaches?! I just posted a comment on the post from December about the surgery about my daughter being told surgery will not help her headaches. We also have muscle weakness and other symptoms. I am thankful I found your blog!