Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Happy Labor Day!

This is the day the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it (Psalm 118:24). I just adore 3 day weekends, don't you? It has been a fast but fun-filled weekend.

Our weekend started off with Friday night football where our team won! Mr. Incredible and I worked the junior class concession stand and that kept us hopping for 4 hours. We woke up early Saturday morning to work in the yard a little and then the four of us headed to San Angelo for the Unite and Conquer Christian concerts where in the words of our daughters, "Skillet rocked our faces off!"

I have to giggle a little bit, our family counted the days until Skillet's latest release and we have almost worn out the new cd in one week and then we anxiously awaited the concert (this is Rachel's absolute favorite contemporary Christian band). Oh, the things we mommas do for our children. They adore Skillet and I do too.

We made our way to the "Mosh pit" up front, center stage, so that I could take a few 100 pictures for my girls and then finally the concert of the year began. Oh, there were fireworks, and smoke, and rising platforms, and screaming teenagers and their ever so cool parents. Yes, I was screaming and singing at the top of my lungs as if I were 16 again too. It was an absolute blast! At one point, I looked over my right shoulder to see....one of my students standing next to me...."Hello Mrs._," she said sweetly and with eyes that could not believe she was rockin' it out next to her high school computer teacher. I couldn't believe it either...but I threw caution to the wind and kept screaming and singing at the top of my lungs next to my girls.

We got home at 2:30 in the morning! Yes, 2:30 a.m. We slept a little and then got up to go to church. I woke Rachel up first and told her that I thought I had been hit by a "skillet" and then she told me to go look in the mirror...I looked like it too, it was going to take some serious work to get my hair to look good. She got up and the giggles began; I told her to look in the mirror too and we both just rolled with laughter.

Hannah, on the other hand, did not think everything was as funny and she popped right out of bed. She didn't understand why I was so tired, but I told her to add about 27 years to her life and then maybe she might just understand. She was the first one ready and her hair didn't look like she had been hit by a "Skillet" at all....oh to be young again.

We made it through church, but secretly missed the trap doors and rising platforms of just a few hours before, and then I crashed for 3 hours. Rachel slept for 5 hours, and Hannah? She didn't nap at all! But who is awake early today? Yes, that's right, Rachel and I. Mr. Incredible is snoring in the other room, and Hannah is still sleeping soundly in her room.

I think we are going to just enjoy being home and together today. Rachel is having a great morning and her headache is surprisingly only at a 2 on a scale of 1-10 and we are rejoicing.

The coffee pot is calling and I can't wait to enjoy a great big cup. Happy Labor Day to you!

6 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

OH my friend. I so enjoyed reading about your "Skillet" adventure. Too funny about the student rockin' on next to you! LOL. Oh and after a performance like that I'm sure the church worship wasn't even comparable! LOL.
Hugs to you my sweet friend and still praying for your sweet daughter!
Kim

Debra Kaye said...

Wow...I'm debating on telling Josh about Skillet ... he loves them...I don't want him to stumble by that whole coveting thing! lol

I am so glad that Rachel did not have a headache and was able to enjoy it...to that I say thank you, Lord! To you rockin out...I say...YES LORD...to the getting hit with a skillet...I say, Oy Vay! Now you know that was funny!

Love ya to pieces....have a great day, my sweet friend.

shelly said...

I LoVe Skillet!!! So glad that you guys had such a good time (oh the stories that will be told years from now!!!)

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

You are so STINKIN' funny.

The first time I heard of skillet....I thought of my trusty fryin' pan. lol

Sounds like you've had an incredible weekend!! Yippee...for fun times with family.

Samantha said...

Oo sounds so fun :) Skillet is a very good group ;) Love there new song Heroh
I'm more of a barlowgirl kind of rocker :)

Love your blog and will be praying for your daughter, I'd love to visit her blog if she has one :)

Tracy said...

Great post! I could so see you doing that! What an awesome memory to make with your girls. I'm especially happy Rachel was able to enjoy the concert and was having a good day on Monday...praying those continue!