Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Skip On Over to the Blog Hop


Hey ya'll! I am participating in this ever-so-fun Blog Hop party and this week's topic is Favorite Recipe. With school starting in 5 weeks, I've been thinking about my favorite crockpot recipes because, well, do you really have to ask? A crockpot is a girl's bff during the school year. There is nothing like coming home to the delicious smells of a home cooked meal, is there?

So, I really tried to narrow it down to 1 favorite recipe, but I just couldn't do it. So, here are a few of my crockpot faves. Bon appetite (that sounds so french) ya'll (that's better).

Crock Pot Fajitas


1 small arm roast
1 1/4 C dried pinto beans (rinsed but not soaked)
1 chopped onion
1 can chopped green chilies
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 cans Rotel
1/2 C water
2 t chili powder
1 t cumin
garlic salt and pepper


I use those handy dandy crock pot liners for easy clean up. Place a layer of spices on the bottom. Put in roast and sprinkle with more of the spices. Layer beans, onion, and green chilis. Add soup and Rotel. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours. I just shred the meat and serve with tortillas, guacamole, cheese, sour cream, etc. So delicious and so easy!



Jane's Slow-Cooked Italian Chicken (from Fix it and Forget-It Lightly)

3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg. dry Italian dressing mix
10 3/4 oz can Cream of Mushroom Soup
4 oz. can mushrooms, drained
8 oz. of Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt

Place chicken in Crock-Pot. (I use the crock pot liners for easy clean up!) Mix dressing mix with soup and mushrooms. Stir into chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. With a spoon, lift chicken out of cooker. Place in a covered dish to keep warm. Combine cooking juices with sour cream in crock-pot. Cover and heat until warmed through. When ready, place chicken on bed of rice or noodles and pour sauce over the top.


Okay, I have one more favorite recipe! My faithful blog followers have already seen this recipe, for the rest of you...this is a gift to you....you're welcome! Our family adores having a good ole shrimp boil in the summer. Have you had one? Oh, it is great and shrimp is on sale this week at HEB. Here is the recipe:


Shrimp Boil (Our Family Favorite!!!)


10-12 whole small red potatoes
4-6 small ears of corn (I use the frozen ones)
1 pound of cleaned, de-veined shrimp w/ tails
2 links Cajun smoked sausage cut diagonally
2 T Old Bay Seasoning


Boil 8 quarts of water, add salt and Old Bay Seasoning. Add potatoes and cook for 10-12 min. Add sausage and corn on the cobb and cook for 7 minutes. Now add shrimp and boil another 3-5 minutes (just until pink). Drain and pour contents onto your newspaper lined table(now that is an easy tablescape....newspaper that's it!). Sprinkle w/ salt and serve w/ butter, Old Bay Seasoning, cocktail sauce and lemon wedges. So delicious!!!

Thanks for stopping by today! Happy blog hopping!

Joyfully,
Kristi



MckLinky Blog Hop

4 comments:

Amy said...

Yummy! I cannot wait to try these. I put my family's favorite slow cooker recipe up on my site. You gotta love slow cookers!!!
Blessings to you and your family,
Amy

bp said...

Great idea to share crock pot recipes! It always makes me feel so great to have a nice meal from the crockpot and it be ready at suppertime!

Blessed2Serve said...

Been a while since I've done a shrimp boil... sounds great!

Debra Kaye said...

Wow! That made me hungry for dinner...what an awesome way to share recipes. I could be set for a year! lol

Happy Wednesday, my friend! Love ya!