Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Only God Could Love You More!

It's hard to believe that we are old enough to be married 19 years today! 19 years? It seems like yesterday that mom was helping me with my veil and my dad was walking me down the aisle. Where did the time go?


It was so fun this morning to look at our rehearsal dinner picture that is hanging in the closet and giggle together that we looked so young. We still do...or at leas that's the story that I'm sticking with.

We may look a little different when we look in the mirror each morning but we are still that young couple who fell deeply in love at Baylor University so many years ago. I'll never forget how you told me that you loved me before you even kissed me....I think that was on our 2nd or 3rd date. It didn't take this heart of mine very long before I realized that you were the one that I had been praying for my whole life. What an incredible gift you are to me.

I can't imagine journeying through life with anyone else but you. Our life together has not been perfect by any means, and at times it has even been a bit difficult, but it has always been blessed and I wouldn't trade any of our memories together. With you, my joys are somehow even more joyous, and the deepest sorrows are somehow easier when you are right there beside me.

It is the Lord that brought us together and I am so thankful that He did. We share many similarities....like our heritages of faith, our deep and abiding love for the Lord, a desire to serve Him faithfully, singing together, snorkeling, etc....but we have a few differences to make life interesting. For instance, your gun closet is filled with guns that I can't pronounce....my gun closet holds a well used hot glue gun, but I can wield it like no other. You would rather watch UFC fights on television, but I prefer Hallmark movies...but still we both compromise...I'll watch the fights with you (I can't believe I even remember their names....my students think that is cool) and you watch Hallmark's Christmas in July movies with me....while adding a few funny commentaries.

Our two best blessings, next to Jesus, are still sleeping this morning. How can they possibly be 16 and 12? The tears are already streaming down my cheeks, so I'll just move on. What a joy to be their parents!

I'll try to wrap this up. Only you know this heart of mine like no other. Often you believe in me when I don't even believe in myself..going back to college is the perfect example. I love how it took you saying, "Kristi, either go back to school or quit talking about it! You can do it" before I jumped back into school. You were right.

You know that I am fiercely competitive, but so are you... so I love the fact that we stayed up until almost 11:30 last Saturday night playing volleyball in the pool because I wasn't going to bed until I had won....and you weren't either. How funny that our daughters said they were tired and going to bed....game over! I love that you kissed me goodbye this morning and your fragrance lingers. Your baby blue eyes melt my heart like no other.
One look into those eyes and I melt all over again (unless of course they are your angry eyes....that I don't see very often....only when working on project like putting together the pool {I'm smiling and hoping that you are too}).

My mind is flooded with so many memories of our 19 years together. What an incredible gift from the Lord.
May He grant us many, many more years together.
Love,
Kristi

10 comments:

Lana said...

Too precious! Congrats my sweet friend! A good wife is hard to find as the Bible says - I bet he knows he has found a "Good Thang."

;)

Blessings to you!!!

Melanie said...

Oh, Kristi... what a beautiful post! Happy Anniversary!

Michele said...

awwww such a sweet picture and post. Happy Anniversary!

bp said...

Congrats! This post is so sweet and gave me chills! I loved this line...."it has always been blessed" How sweet and how blessed you are!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post! Congratulations and I hope you have a wonderful anniversary! We'll be celebrating our 23rd in September. So hard to believe!

Debra Kaye said...

Kristi,

OK, I'm crying. This was a beautiful post to your beloved! And you two are a gorgeous couple together....sound like so much fun. I wish we didn't live so far apart. Happy Happy Anniversary!

In reference to your "love is in the air"....spotted it did ya? We aren't allowed to say too much at this time but it's pretty obvious, huh? My son has asked permission from Brad and Kim to court Kelsey...and we are all praying about it. I promise the bestestest post when we have a response! Can you hear my mama's heart ? Oy Vay?

I love ya, my friend. I pray the Lord's blessing upon you and your hubby another 19 times anothe 19 times another 19 until He raptures us home!

Tracy said...

What a precious, precious post to your beloved! Happy anniversary to you and Mr. Incredible! I rejoice with you as you celebrate so many wonderful years together.

Hugs,
Tracy

Erica said...

That was so precious. My eyes are filled with tears. I even put my hand on my heart at one point! Congratulations, sweet friend!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Happy anniversary. I know how wonderful it is to be married to the absolute love of your life and your best friend. We will celebrate 36 years here in the next couple of weeks.

sister sheri said...

Congratulations!