Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

What's Happening Around our Home?

I cannot believe this is August! Already? Ugh! Where has summer gone? In just a few days we will be taking this one back to college:

Everyone tells me that it is easier the second time around, but this heart of mine is not so sure. Yes, I want Rachel to be doing what God wants her to do and to follow the dreams He has for her precious life, but the summer has simply flown and I'm getting use to seeing this face on a daily basis!

Her daddy and I bought her this cool Pappasan Chair from Pier One. It has a fluffy, furry, warm mattress cover that feels like a giant warm hug. I found her reading "Harbinger" in it just yesterday. I think she is going to like her new chair in her dorm room.

Speaking of "Harbinger," have you read it? Rachel just finished it and I can't wait to begin reading it. My dad took 21 pages of notes and Rachel took several pages of notes too.


Between band practice, yes it seems like they started extra early this year, and getting ready for cross country, my baby girl still helps me with my garden. We have been out of town so much this summer that my vegetables often get to grow and grow before we finally get around to picking them. This is what Hannah looked like yesterday:

That's a giant cucumber in her back pocket and just look at the size of the giant zucchini in the basket...or I should say taking over the basket. A sweet photography client came by that afternoon to pick up her picture order and declared that we could enter our vegetables in the county fair and win. Ha!

I am having fun meeting and photographing new clients and my faithful clients. It's been so fun to design countless numbers of albums, canvas images, Christmas cards, and standouts. The UPS man seems to make a daily stop at our home with deliveries. I would take a picture to show you the large number of boxes stacked inside my front door but it's 1:20 in the morning and my family is sleeping. I should be sleeping too, but I can't.

I took a not-so-graceful fall during my last photo shoot. I thought it was my pride that was bruised the most, but I was wrong. I won't dare show you pictures, but my color changing bruises are a daily joke around our house.

I am trying to finish cleaning out drawers and closets and Mt. Vesuvius (aka my office) before school starts. I'm trying to plan out crock pot meals that I can put in my freezer too. Ready or not~School is just around the corner.

Whew! That's all for now.  Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

bp said...

My husband read that book super fast and told me I should read it too. He couldn't put it down.

You've got a lot of produce! Our garden is about done. I loved all those tomatoes we were getting and now it has slowed down.

Bethany