Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Happy 2012

It's already the 4th of January...and I have yet to write a blog post for the new year~so sorry! I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!

Our family was blessed to spend time together, with my family, and with Mr. Incredible's family. My Uncle, the pro-bass fisherman, came down from Oklahoma to be with us and we were so glad to see him.


Our Texas Palm tree in the snow (taken with my Iphone)


 
And it snowed here on Christmas Eve. We actually had a white Christmas. Delight! It was fun to carry presents and the food that we made for Christmas Eve dinner back and forth between our house and my parent's house in the snow.

Our Christmas tree (taken with my Iphone)
We woke up Christmas morning to even more glorious snow on the birthday of the King. On Christmas Eve, we told the girls they could sleep in Christmas morning because due to the snow, our Christmas Day services were cancelled. They slept until 7:30 because this momma could not wait for them to get up! I tried to be quiet as I made my coffee, read the newspaper, and turned on the Christmas tree lights, but then I couldn't wait any longer. By this time, my man was awake and he and I together woke up the girls. They laughed at both of us and reminded us that we told them they could sleep in...and then they remembered it was Christmas morning and bounded out of bed!

We watched a few hundered episodes of Fez in That 70's show (one of Rachel's gifts in her stockings-she loves this show)and then got dressed to celebrate Christmas with Mr. Incredible's family. What a blessed Christmas Day.

The girls and I spent the rest of the week trying to sleep in, we spent an entire day in our pajamas watching movies and that was fun, haircuts, manicures, having lunch out (after all of the traditional delicious Christmas dinners we were ready for Mexican food), and even catching a movie with Mr. Incredible after work. We saw "I Bought a Zoo" and loved it. Have you seen it?

The week flew by as New Year's Eve quickly arrived. New Year's Day found us celebrating and singing at church that morning, we celebrated Mr. Incredible's mother's birthday that evening, and then put up all of the Christmas decorations. Whew! Then it was time to go to bed and back to teaching Monday morning.

I woke up early Monday morning and asked my man if he could hear that? He listened and asked me what I heard. I told him it was the collective groans of teachers and students that had to go back to school the day after New Year's Day. He felt no sympathy. My sleepy students greeted me Monday morning with sleepy, half-hearted smiles...and I totally understood.

I'm thankful for a new year, a fresh start, new ideas swirling in my head for photography this year, my drive to get things de-cluttered and reorganized, and a Saviour who is the same yesterday, today, and forever!

3 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Sounds like a load of fun at your house.
My middle child was up at 6:30 to get his stocking. I didn't have to wake anyone. LOL!
Glad to hear from you. I've missed ya!
Have a glorious day!
Kim

bp said...

Nice to hear about your Christmas. I thought you must be enjoying your time off! This afternoon I was driving to pick up Caleb (he started back on Tuesday) and you came to mind so I said a prayer for your day to be blessed.

BARBIE said...

Oh, I have Christmas tree and mantel envy! Beautiful. And I took my daughter to see "We bought a Zoo" and we loved it!