Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Praising the Most High

"I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:1-2

His praises are continually on my lips and my mind is constantly reflecting on His provision and sufficiency in this journey of faith.
I have had the words "Courage and Boldness" posted by my computer for the last 3 years as I stepped out into faith and went back to school. Here is part of my story:

Three years ago, He called me to have courage to be what He called me to be. He told me that His call on my life was on the other side of my river of fear. He said, "Kristi, you have to wade right into the water before the water will part. Press through your fear!"

Over and over, I asked Him for boldness to carry through with what He was calling me to do. My prayer was not simply for myself but for the ones that we are called to affect and impact.

The Lord constantly reminded me that we are "More than conquerors" and "All things work together for the good for those that are called according to His purpose," and that the legacy of faith and faithfulness "continues to the 1,000th generation."

I've looked at these typed words next to my computer often in the last 36 months. What a journey this has been with the Lord. I simply can't do justice to this journey with my words. It's just incredible what He has done!

I could cry some more as I type this. Last night, I received a call from the Superintendent. The School Board voted to hire me at their meeting last night. This afternoon I will have the blessing of signing my first official contract as a fully certified teacher (and the tears flow once again). Glory! Praise, You Father! You have done great and marvelous things! Thank you for this privilege. May You receive all the praise and all the glory! Thank you for this call on my life and thank you for the perseverance to press through my river of fear. I am now on the other side...I have reached my calling....and I wouldn't trade this amazing journey with You for the world!

What is God calling you to do for Him? Is there a river of fear standing in your way? Sweet friend, dive in and find Him all sufficient! Don't miss your journey of faith because of fear. Listen to His voice and He will guide you every step of the way. Your blessing may just depend on your willingness to step out in faith. I'm living proof!

Joyfully,
Kristi
Please visit the 160 acre wood for more Word Filled Wednesday inspiration.

24 comments:

Denise said...

Woo Hoo, God is so good. Congrats my sweet friend, so happy for you, and proud of you.

Anonymous said...

I so love that you are still celebrating you accomplishment...you so deserve it! And Congratulations on your contract! Our God is GREAT!

I love this quote "Kristi, you have to wade right into the water before the water will part. Press through your fear!"


That will stick with me for days...such wisdom in those words....wisdom I needed to hear. Thank you for sharing your journey with us :)

Michele Williams said...

Praise the Lord! I'm doing the Happy Dance!! Congrats! On both accounts... graduation and the job too! Wow! Praise the Lord that you answered His call!! You are an inspiration to us all!

Love and Prayers...

Beth in NC said...

Oh girl, this is wonderful! I love your new layout and I'd be displaying this picture proudly too.

My husband my put me through college and I graduated in 1997. I never thought I could do it, but I did. I even graduated with honors (just like you). Yay!

You did an awesome job and NOW you are an official teacher with a contract. You go girl! Better yet, YAY GOD!!!

I am rejoicing with you!

SnoWhite said...

God is just amazing. Congratulations on this big milestone and on being bold enough to take that leap of faith 3 years ago. Whenever God calls us to something large, it's because He wants to do amazing things. I have a feeling, His amazing work in you has only begun. As a teacher, I'm certain He will use you to touch the lives of so many people. May He continue to bless you.

Trina said...

Congrats!!!! Doing the happy PRAISE dance with you. :)

Chelle said...

Hooray!! Congrats...and how fun to use that victory for a WFW post. Cheers!

Go on and cry, all you need to with those tears of joy...I would too :)

Addicted to Beadz said...

Kristi,

Congratulations on graduating and your job. What a great accomplishment.

I'll pray as you start this new job, for you and the people you come in with.

Blessings!

Cheryl

Susan said...

Oh wow, how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on this MAJOR MILESTONE in your life.

What a blessed group of children will be with you as their teacher.

Rejoicing with you this day♥

Laurie Ann said...

Awesome news! Congratulations and I, too, am rejoicing with you. Great post for today. Thanks forthe encouragement. Happy WFW to you!

Alexis said...

Oh gosh now I have tears FOR you! How happy and how excited you must be. Congratulations, and thank you for sharing your answered prayers and continuous blessings with us!

lori said...

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I hope you framed that picture! It's fabulous and the verse is simply perfect!!

What a gift you've given your girls!
WOW!!
Good luck on your new job and congratulations again!!

peace,
lori

bp said...

I love how you tie your pictures and verses into what is happening right now in your life. They always bless me.

Congratulations on your contract! I knew you'd have a job :) I'm so happy for you!! Praise the Lord!

Toia said...

Congratulations!! God is great all the time. All the time God is great. For He knows the plans He has for us. They are not to harm us, but to bring us prosperity and good success!! (Jeremiah 29:11 paraphrased)

Happy WFW!!

Jenifer said...

Praising the Lord with you!!! That is AWESOME!!!

Happy WFW! You can do some shoutin' when you go outside! :)

Samantha said...

Congratulations to you ! You should be so very proud ! Wonderful post for this Wednesday.
Have a great day !

Carrie said...

Congratulations...May God grant you ever growing wisdom as you teach your students.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh wow! Good for you! May the Lord continue to bless you and your family as you embark on this new path!

Amydeanne said...

I'm so excited for you! congrat's! I'm so proud of you for following God and accomplishing this!

Susannah said...

Absolutley AWESOME! I loved reading your story. Congratulations graduate!!! :~D

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Congratulations! On both your graduation and your new job! How exciting!

Leaon Mary said...

Kristi,
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!
TEACHER. MISS KRISTI. ;)
THE FACT that you give all the glory to God makes my heart beat like crrrrazy. GOD LOVES YA,
GO TOUCH
THE WORLD
IN HIM.

Tracy said...

Kristi,
I'm so sorry! I thought I left you a note of congratulations but I don't see it. I'm so THRILLED for you. What an incredible testimony. I love the new header photos. They capture your joy and praise. You're such an inspiration to me!!!

Blessings, sweet one!

Big hug!
Tracy

Luke 1:45!

the voice of melody said...

Congratulations and very best wishes to you! Our children need teachers who have a caring heart and who love the Lord. How wonderful that you have found your calling and are following in the path laid out for you. May He continue to bless you and guide you each step of the way. {hugs}