Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Blessed Easter


Hope you had a wonderful Easter.  We had a wonderful Easter weekend.  Our Rachel came home from college and we were sooooo thrilled to have her home!  She came home in time to go with me to watch her sister's One Act Place performance Thursday afternoon.  Hannah and her fellow cast and crew advanced!!!  They will perform this Thursday in the UIL Area competition.  We are so excited!

Friday morning found my girls sleeping in for a much deserved rest.  That afternoon, after One Act Play practice, we hit the stores in search of Easter dresses and shoes.  We found two dresses and two pairs of shoes for each of the girls and it only took us about an hour and a half.  Delight!

We glanced at our watches to find we had just a few minutes to get to the Secret Church service.  David Platt was the speaker, and while he talks even faster than I do, I enjoyed his enthusiasm and his deep knowledge of Scripture.  While I am use to having time to soak in the message, there wasn't any time for that.  After three hours of amazing teaching, where we covered Genesis to Matthew, I felt like I had run a marathon of sorts.  My mind is still reeling from all that was taught, but I couldn't think of a better way to spend Good Friday with my family than by reading through the Scriptures. Our family left before it was over.  My dad told me that it lasted until 1:00 a.m.  Wow!

Saturday morning,  I woke up early to do my grocery shopping at HEB. I was thrilled that most people had either shopped the night before or were still sleeping.  To my surprise, the store wasn't crowded at all.  I ran a few more errands and then went home to get ready to celebrate Easter with Mr. Incredible's extended family.  It was fun to see the little ones hunt eggs.  I had such a terrible sinus headache, that totally against my nature, I didn't take one picture. 

Easter Sunday morning, we were at church by 7 to help set up for the Sunrise Service.  Dad brought a wonderful message as we celebrated with the birds singing joyfully around us the Risen Savior!  My mind flashed back several times to our trip to Israel last year and the joy we all felt to actually step foot in the empty tomb.  He is risen, just as He said!

Our church family enjoyed breakfast together, had Sunday school, and morning worship.  I was blessed to sing, "How Beautiful" during the worship service.  I have to be honest, my dad had asked me to sing this song over a week ago and to sing it accapella. What?!  I enjoy singing in church but always with the piano or a track.  I was anxious about it but felt the Lord leading and stepped out in faith.  The Faithful One lovingly wrapped His arms around me and enabled me to sing it accapella as only He can do.  He always enables us to do far more than we could ever do on our own when He calls us to do something. 

After morning worship, our family headed home to grab the salad and dessert I had made to take to my mom and dad's for Easter lunch.  We enjoyed the delicious foods and the joy and laughter around mom's dining room table.  I rejoiced once again in the blessing of being with my man, our girls, and my parents....three generations celebrating the risen Savior together.  What a tremendous blessing!

No comments: