Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

A Blondie Kind of Day

One of my friends, and fellow teachers, told me to check out Blondie and Dagwood.  She told me it fit my day perfectly...and she was totally right:


Our school is installing a new anti-virus district wide on all of the computers.  It took me nearly 2 hours to get my lab and another computer lab ready by un-installing the old anti-virus and ready for the IT guy to complete the new installation.  I even missed a TAKS meeting in the process-oiy! 

Exactly one week later, my computer, the one that has all of the data for the school website I designed and maintain along with controlling the entire network, completely crashed.  I mean blue screen and all.  911!!!

The IT guy was quick to come to the rescue and two days later we determined the new antivirus wasn't compatible with the newer computers~great!  It took two days to rescue my computer.  I did have a backup of my most important things, but now I have a complete backup in case, heaven forbid, it happens again. 

I am one happy computer teacher today; my computer is back to normal and I only have one other computer in my classroom that needs to be reformatted.  Thankfully, the other 23 computers are functioning just fine. 

After the stresses of this week, I am counting the days until spring break!  Oiy!

1 comment:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Did you go home and have a hot chocolate? That usually makes things better!
Glad things are looking up!
HUGS
Kim