Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Journey to Israel Day 3 (Part 2 of 2): Mt. of Beatitudes, Tabgha, Jordan River

Thank you so much for joining me on this journey to Israel!  Where did I leave off?  After our boat ride on the Sea of Galilee and visiting the Jesus boat, we headed up to the beautiful Mt. of Beatitudes where Jesus preached the Sermon on the Mount at the natural amphitheater. 

Israel 2011 284

Mom with Rachel and Hannah:
Israel 2011 279

The Mt. of Beatitudes is so beautiful. We saw parrots and a lot of gorgeous flowers and palm trees. It was very peaceful. From the Mt., you can easily see the Sea of Galilee. After a little while, we boarded the bus and drove down to Tabgha, the site of the multiplication of the fish and the loaves. We saw the Church of the Rock which is where Peter's reconciliation took place after he denied Christ 3 times.

Israel 2011 311

Israel 2011 313

Tabgha is also where the disciples were fishing on the Sea of Galilee but were not catching anything until Jesus told them to cast their nets to the other side. They obeyed the Lord and caught 153 fish to be exact. I did not know this, but our guide explained that the number in Hebrew means, "I Am!" I have chills as I type that. Because, He most definitely is the Great I Am!

Mom, the girls, Nonnie and I (my daughters with their momma and both grandmothers) put our feet in the Sea of Galilee together. Three generations together with our feet in the Sea of Galilee!  Amazing!! Naturally, I had to bring home one of the small rocks we were standing on:
Israel 2011 315
I took this next photo of my beautiful mother here too because this is one of her favorite places...and I totally understand why!
Israel 2011 319

From Tabgha, we travelled to Capernaum-the home base of Jesus' ministry. In Capernaum, Jesus healed Peter's mother-in-law, cast out demons, and healed so many. We stood among the columns in the tabernacle and sang, "Surely the Presence" and oh how we felt His presence there.

Israel 2011 337

Israel 2011 352

Israel 2011 362

Israel 2011 365b

Here we saw an ancient olive press...and we were enlightened that Jesus is our olive press.

Israel 2011 348

I could have stayed in Capernaum all day long but we still had one more place to visit before dinner. We had the great blessing of going to the Jordan River for baptisms.

My Dad, who is a pastor, offered to baptize anyone in our group that wanted to participate. My husband and our girls were baptized and I had the great joy of taking their pictures. I think 18 were baptized from our group that day. Yes, those baptized were already believers and had already been baptized, but how incredible to be baptized in the Jordan River where John the Baptist baptized our Savior. It was an incredible way to end the day.

Israel 2011 376

Israel 2011 396

Israel 2011 407

A special, special day for all of us! 

See how green the Jordan River looks?  It is not, it really is crystal clear.  I know first hand because me being the wonderful, graceful creature that I am (please hear the sarcasm in my voice), wanting to retrieve some of the crystal clear water from the Jordan River, fell down the slippery rock steps and nearly fell in the river myself.  The bad part, is that I was by myself and the wind was completely knocked out of me.  It was only a matter of seconds before help arrived and thankfully, Aunt Margie encouraged me to breath out of my nose which really seemed to help.

I was instantly sore, scraped and bruised, and I may have broken my tailbone, but thankfully I was alright.  Poppie graciously filled up my water bottle for me with Jordan River and my dad did too but we didn't know it at the time.  When we got back to the hotel, Dad brought us a water bottle.  In the middle of the night, my man got thirsty and took a huge drink from the water bottle only to discover it was Jordan River water too!  Ha!!!!  It really is crystal clear water.  I know because I proudly have both bottles in my kitchen.

3 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Goodness my comment could be a mile long because I want to touch on everything, but I'll try to condense it. LOL! You're pictures are beautiful first of all. The one of Hannah looking at your Dad when he is about to baptize her is wonderful. It looks like she is about to cry.
And then ouch on the whole falling thing. I hope you are okay now.
Going to go read the next installment!!
HUGS
Kim

Leaon Mary said...

I too noticed that Hannah looked emotional in that photo and it just touches my heart so much. I'm so sorry you got hurt Kristi... hope you're feeling better.
I can't imagine what it must have felt like to be baptised in the Jordan... by your OWN DADDY! Amazing.... !!!!

Lana said...

LOVE this! Hope you are better now!

If I ever get a chance to go - I want your Dad to be our tour guide...loved the video of the Daddy building on the extra rooms for His Bride.

Oh, I can't wait for that glorious Day!

Blessings,
lana