Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

So I Was Ordering at Starbucks

last night.  I needed to purchase a book for Rachel at Barnes and Noble and thought I would use one of my Christmas gift cards.  I placed my order for a skinny-decaf-cinnamon-Dulce-latte (try to say that three times fast)...heavy on the skinny part because apparently the holidays are over and this girl doesn't want to resemble the Subway commercial.  Do you know what I'm talking about?  If you haven't seen it then watch this video:



Funny, right?  Sure, if it happens to someone else.  So, I went with the skinny latte.  A young guy who is probably Rachel's age took my order.  He looks at me and says, "May I help you "ma'am"?"  He accented the ma'am where everyone heard him. I though to myself, how nice that he has manners...all good Texans should. 

I placed my order in hopes that my skinny latte would not cause me to resemble the Subway commercial and as the young guy repeats my order back to me, he adds, "Is that correct "ma'am"?"  Again, heavy on the "ma'am."  I think my eye may have twitched just a little because he had referred to me as "ma'am" twice in less than a minute.  Young guy has manners but now the little dude is starting to get on my nerves a little bit.  How old does he think that I am?

I paid for my coffee and when the little punk hands me my receipt he exclaims, "Have a nice day, "ma'am!""  And I wanted to grab the little snot by his Hollister shirt and tell him that is enough is enough!  I am only 41 years old and I look much older today than I normally do because I had been up all night with this irritating cough and I didn't feel very good and could he please stop with the ma'am because he was making me feel older than dirt!

And then the barista looked at the young guy and asks, "Did she want that decaf?"  To which I, or ma'am~heavy on the accent, replies, "Yes, or I will be up all night!"

Oiy!  Just call me Mam maw!

1 comment:

Karen L said...

Kristie,
I forget how I found your blog, but I found it several months ago and read it each day...your daughters are absolutely adorable and I love hearing about the pride you have for them and enjoying your beautiful photos.
Thanks so much for the smile today. I am a couple of years older than you and it brought back the memory of my first grappling with being called "ma'am"....but since I live in Pennsylvania, I couldn't blame it on southern charm ;)