Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Valentine's Day Special Delivery!

I have a dear blogging friend named Lea. No, we have never met "for reals" but I feel like I have known her my entire life. She is a precious blessing! Many of you bloggers are blessed to "know" her too. Her beautiful blog is called the Shabby Olde Potting Shed. I always enjoy visiting her blog because it is filled to overflowing with joy and adoration to her Savior and she shines so beautifully for Him.

She let me in on a little secret that when she was shopping last week she "came across something that I literally SQUEALED: KRISTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Me? I felt so honored that she would see something that reminded her of me and that she bought it for me. I was both humbled and curious! So, yesterday I checked the mail and this beautiful box was inside:

She decorated the outside with beautiful robin's egg blue paper, a crisp white doily, a fun dragonfly and her adorable return address label, that is just so Lea! I couldn't wait to see what was inside, but I quickly grabbed my camera so that I could take it all in.

Inside was a card with my blog's name on it.

She even added a matching blue heart to the envelope....I see something peeking out of the envelope.

Inside was this gorgeous hand made card that filled me with all kinds of delight. I so love this verse and every verse that she carefully put on the outside of the box.

She and I like to garden. I like to try to garden, but Lea really gardens! Her beautiful home is blanketed with snow right now, but rest assured beautiful morning glories will soon appear with all kinds of beautiful flowers....and happy chickens, and cows, and a new bull, and kittens, and so much more.

We have been comparing seed companies as we both dream about our gardens this year. I told her about Mr. Incredible's Pappaw. I loved my gardening Pappaw so much. We shared many incredible gardening moments together. I told her in a recent email that he loved to grow gourds and that I never quite learned what to do with gourds but we always planted some and he would delight in their shapes as they grew. I said, "I may have to plant some gourd seeds this year now that I think about it." Guess what was included in my surprise?


Yes, gourd seeds and she named them Papaw seeds...so very thoughtful! I cried right there, yes I did. Precious memories!


Then I found these beautiful seeds too!

I love the name "Morning Glory!" don't you? I try to wake up early each morning to spend time with the Lord and to bask in His great glory. I can't wait to see these beauties!


What could possibly be wrapped in this adorable paper?

I unwrapped this beautiful silver heart

and looked carefully and shouted with glee, "My Lieb!" It actually says, "Lieb" on the heart. This is a term of endearment that my youngest nephew calls all of his girls. We are his "liebs." One day he said, "Aunt Kiki. I have a lot of liebs but Ray-Ray and Hannah are my special liebs."

I told the lieb story on my blog last June and Lea loved it too. I've never seen anything with "lieb" written on it. Lieb means love in German. How did my youngest nephew know the meaning of lieb at only 6 years old?

I love it Lea! Thank you so much for the "joy buzz" as you call it. Yes, your special delivery brought me all kinds of joy and delight....just like your blog! Thank you, thank you, sweet friend!

Now, I'm in search of something that squeals Lea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

Leaon Mary said...

You are such a ray of SONshine!
Although, I'm positively BLUSHing over all that SWEET stuff you just wrote. I'm so happy your lil joybuzz made it to you.
You bless so many people through Kiki's Corner; especially ME! How I love my visits, and I always leave..feeling SO LIFTED!!!!!
How many times, have I sat in front of my computer with tears streaming down BOTH CHEEKS reading you.
AND THAT frecklefaced nephew??... calling yall his liebs?..... If that's not the cutest thing I've ever heard?!!!! You can now imagine my surprise to see: LIEB written on that little heart. ---GOD THING!
I hope you and your family have a very special Valentine's day Kristi! I hope your papaw seeds grow like crazy and your garden's filled with morning glorys, butterflies, and dragonflies!
Happy Valentines day little liebs
L

Tracy said...

Is she not one of the sweetest things there ever was?!? So very kind and thoughtful...that is truly Lea through and through. Thanks for sharing your sweet package with all of us! = )