Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

40 Year Old Wife & Mother Searching for a New....

....hair color! OIY to the Vay!!!!
Could I be more vain? If you are looking for a more spiritual in nature post...I am sorry to disappoint you...try back another day. :-)

I'm having a hair crisis of a ginormous magnitude.
Yes, I know it is just my hair....BUT IT IS MY HAIR!!!

And we girls have a thing for our hair. Yes, yes we do!
Thank you for agreeing with me.
So, last night I went to see my friend that has done my hair for the last um 11 years. My blond highlights were getting a bit too light and leaving me washed out so I asked for a little help.

The time before last she put a semi-permanent color on it and it darkened my blond highlights just enough to look a little healthier. The dry look is so not in! And I liked it.

Last night....oh last night....we colored it again but instead of using the color at 50% she accidentally used 100% color! I thought it was a little dark when I saw it after she washed it....but I calmly told myself to just hang on a minute 'cause hair always looks darker wet.

Hope faded when it was blow dried. It's okay I said to myself, it's really not as dark as I think. I'll wait and see what Mr. Incredible has to say.

When I walked in the door, he said, "UGH! What happened to your hair!"(please, read that last sentence with major disgust and repulsion in your voice).
Great! Just the reaction I was NOT looking for! I was so upset, I nearly cried. Yes, I know it is just hair...but it is MY HAIR. If it was your hair I would be upset for you too.

So, would you like to see my dark hair...the hair I had to wear to school today...in front of all of my students....can I get another piece of humble pie...okay here goes, please be gentle:

I know, a major difference! The color is a great color, after seeing the picture I think it looks better in this light from the camera than in real life, but it is way too dark for me ...darker then my natural color...I think (it's been a while since I've seen it-somebody can relate!).
Anyway, it's not here to stay. She is fixing it tonight. Yes, a new recipe...I sure hope that I like it and that I get a very different reaction from Mr. Incredible (or I am changing his blog name!).

12 comments:

Melissa @ Southern Mommas said...

Girl-With everything you have been through lately you deserve to change your color 50 times if you want to:) I actually like it but I am sure the new pic will be great too. You should just go all out for a new look - sometimes a new color/cut can give us a new look at everything. I usually go the "chop it all off "route myself. I may have to do the color thing next - best of luck. keep us posted

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh how I had to laugh at this post my friend. I actually think your hair looks good. But see, I have virgin brown hair (with some gray highlights) so I'm partial to that color. I understand that you have a comfort zone that you are used to and I would probably go back to it too! LOL.
But just know that I think you look fabulous anyway.
Can't wait to see the new picture tomorrow! LOL
Hugs
Kim

Kathy Schwanke said...

I loved your post! I can tell you are a very fun woman! I would have felt devastated and wanted to hide~I love that you "bucked" that inclination!

I thought of Sandra Bullock and how she has changed her hair for her films. Definately she is better brunette, but blonde was good too. You are better blonde, but still beautiful brunette.

I used to do hair. I worked with a girl that alternated haircolors every week!! Red, brown, blonde.

Andrea said...

I love it. You just need to get use to it. I got mine done yesterday and I can't vision it as others do. It just takes us girls some time.
Blessings, andrea

Anonymous said...

No! Don't change it back! I like it. You look great with dark hair. Although (I've found out from personal experience) the dark hair does make all the gray ones stand out a lot more. : ) So maybe I should get a new color....nah, I'd have to wait until dad was in Heaven before I could safely try it. : ) --Jeff

Unknown said...

um, I have to say, I LOVE IT! I think you look great! I did, however, have to compare to your blog header because you look so different but super great! I am 33 and have had to cover gray for years. I used to get scared, now I just go for it with 100% permanent and change the color occasionally for something different!! Hope your hubby likes it after tonight, (i guess that's what matters, huh?) have a great friday!

Blue Creek Home said...

OMG!!!! The very same thing happened to me this spring.
I was born a tow head, and my coloring is PALE...blue eyes. It had gotten darker over the years but nothing that a good quarterly foiling couldn't fix - until...I got tired of the upkeep and the expense.
"Lets go a little darker", I say. We went darker alright. She did offer to lighten it, but I figured I'd give it a try - for 6 months I tried it! What was I thinking?
Finally sick of looking so drab, paler than usual,and tired, I told her to fix it at my last appointment. Happily, I am back to my blonde self.
And only then did several family members tell me that they didn't like it!!!!

For what it's worth, I think yours looks pretty. But, your husband said uugh??? Well, at least he is truthful!

I hope she gets it back to 'happy' for you.
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

You'd think he would have learned by now (especially living with three women) how NOT to respond to anything to do with hair! I really like the darker, but I'm sure it will be great after the "re-do" tonight (pun intended). I didn't realize you could color twice in two days...thought your hair would fall out, or something. :-)

Erica said...

I did the "go back to your natural color" thing a few summer ago, and I am quite sure it was darker than the natural color!
You look beautiful, my friend. It looks perfect for the winter and beautiful with your eyes, but I am sure it will look even more fantastic after tonight : )

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

BOO!!! I think it should stay!!!! You look BEAUTIFUL!!

Been thinkin' abuot ya....hope all continues to go well?

Debbie Petras said...

I have to say that the dark color isn't bad at all. But maybe a cross between the blonde and brown. You look great either way as you radiate beauty in your smile. But I know how our hair is so important to a woman.

Hugs to you,
Debbie

Leaon Mary said...

Kristi Kristi Kristi..........
YOU ARE JUST SO STINKIN CUTE
I DONT CARE WHAT COLOR IT IS*

You rock.... even without the rockstar getup. Although the wig's cool too. ;) Maybe I could borrow it til mine grows back out!