Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Insurance Deductible Met... Check!

What a whirlwind the last 2 weeks have been. Two weeks ago today Mr. Incredible called me, while I was eating lunch in between my classes, to let me know that I needed to meet him at the hospital for emergency surgery. What? You can imagine our surprise when the surgeon was waiting for him in his hospital room. I was on my phone begging for 10 more minutes until I could get there. I think I threw my turkey sandwich out the window on the way, hopefully it is not somewhere still in my car. Ha!

Thankfully, his appendix did not rupture, I made it to the hospital on time, and the surgery went well. It has been a crazy 2 weeks filled with 2 overnight stays in the hospital and then trying to take care of my husband in between juggling teaching school and being a mom. Good news...we have met our insurance deductible this year. Shouldn't they send us a thank you gift basket or something. Ha!

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I am so glad that God is in charge and over it all because I can't even imagine this life without Him. I have been doing Beth Moore's Esther study for the last 3 weeks. I have to chuckle every time that I see her words, "It's tough being a woman." It is tough some days isn't it?

This has certainly been quite a year. The surprise emergency surgery only convinced this heart of mine that I am not ready for Rachel's December 15th surgery. But, then the Lord reminds me over and over again that He is my Strong Tower, My Refuge, My Strength, and none of this has slipped from His sight.

I am still pleading with Him to heal Rachel so that surgery will not have to take place....and then her symptoms worsen....and He speaks to my heart that He is sufficient.

It is almost time for my next class to begin, but I just wanted to drop in and say hello and that I am missing the blessing of this blog world. I'll try to write more later. In the middle of all of the chaos, there has been a lot of humor too and I can't wait to share some of it with you.

Thank you for your continued prayers for Rachel.

And thank you to my special "Someone" who sends us anonymous cards each week. Each week seems to bring cards hand picked by the Father just for us. I hope that someday you will reveal yourself to me because I can't wait to tell you of the countless times that you have blessed us. May the Lord bless you abundantly! Thank you for your kindness, thoughtfulness, generosity, and prayer support. You are a blessing!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Praising GOD that the surgery went well and you were able to get there on time...even if you aren't sure what happened to your sandwich.

Blessings and prayers, andrea

bp said...

Hi Kristi, I enjoyed your update, what a time you've had! I was thinking of you all this morning and wanted to see how things were going.
Praying for you and your family.
Have a blessed day!
Bethany

sister sheri said...

Oh, my! You are a busy girl. We will keep praying for Rachel's miracle... and we will continue to wait on the Lord... to renew our strength!

Leaon Mary said...

Glad yerguy is on the mend! And yeah, it IS tough bein a woman some days isnt it?
I thought of you yesterday and prayed for ya... did you feel it?
I pulled into the dollar general parkin lot and there was a car next to me with a feur elise in the back glass. RIGHT AWAY I SAW SWEET KRISTI and her IN CHRIST classroom.
SO I PRAYED FOR YOU..............
And of course Rachel remains in my prayers. I'm glad you are being reminded who your refuge is .. and strong tower.
Thinking of you my little lieb!
Holykisses xoxo