Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Please Send TP


I've said it before, I'll say it again...ya'll are such a tremendous blessing!

When I felt like God was leading me to blog land, I didn't know the amazing blessings that would be waiting. Your love and prayers and encouraging comments bless me more than my words can express! Thank you just doesn't seem adequate.
In the midst of this uncertain season, so many people have been asking what they can do. I love it that Lana offered to bring me lots of chocolate and then added "If you don't like the stuff, (I'd think you were totally weird) then I'd bring you some other scrumptious dessert!" That cracks me up. And yes, I LOVE chocolate. So, I guess that I'm not weird, but that's debatable.
What our family really needs, besides prayer, is...um...are you ready?

We need toilet paper. Yep, I said it...good ole TP. Soft, triple ply, it doesn't matter.

Let me explain.
I bawled my eyes out driving myself to class yesterday. I didn't want to go because my heart was home with Rachel. Good news! The video techie stuff didn't work and the professor had to let us go early. Thank you, Lord!
So, I decided to call Rachel to check on her and then swing by the grocery store on my way home. She was crying. Her headache was severe and she just needed mom.
So, naturally I threw caution to the wind and flew home at the speed of light.

We now have a new house rule. Only 2 squares of toilet paper, 3 if its absolute necessary until Momma can get to the grocery store. Our home is blessed with 4 bathrooms. Between the 4 we have 2 rolls left. But good news! My oak trees have shed their leaves and provided us with extra help if the need arrives.
I always liked Little House on the Prairie shows, I just don't care to live it.
So, hopefully, when my Rachel wakes up, I can make a run for the TP.

'Cause Momma is not using leaves.

Yes, thanks to your prayers and words of encouragement, I have my sense of humor back today.
In the middle of the night I was feeling a bit helpless. I'm doing all that I know to do, but still feeling helpless. As I was pouring my heart out to the Lord, He seemed to encourage me to stop fretting and start thanking and praising instead. Of course this is just what I needed to be doing.

I had already poured out my requests for Rachel but I still had a lot of thanks to bring before the throne (Sorry! Bad choice of words w/ a picture of toilet paper at the top of this post. I meant The Throne...I hope you know that). God is so good!

Thank you for standing in the gap for me yesterday. I love ya'll so much!!!!)


As my friend Leah says, "Smoochie holy kisses" to all of you!



3 comments:

Tracy said...

So glad to see you are feeling a bit more lighthearted today...you have me chuckling right along with you. Wish I lived closer, girl. I'd run some over on my lunch hour! I'm with you on the oak leaves...ew! That's a bit too much "prairie living" for me. Continuing to lift many prayers!

Beth in NC said...

Just remember -- you can use napkins and paper towels before you go the leaf route. lol

God brought Rachel to my heart this morning. I have to believe if He brought her to my mind, He is reminding others to lift her up too.

I pray she is having relief today.

Much love!
Beth

Melanie said...

Hey, Kristi! I love that you got that TP not long after you published the post. Isn't family great to do things like that for us?!

You were one of my first 3 commenters on my "Pay It Forward" post... YEA! If you'll just leave me a comment with your mailing address (I won't publish the comment) then I'll be sending you something in the next month or two.

I hope Rachel is feeling better this evening!