Photobucket
Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" />" />

Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am so honored by your visit today. My name is Kristi and I am married to my college sweetheart(I refer to him here as "Mr. Incredible"), momma to my 2 beautiful girls who are growing much too quickly, a high school computer teacher, photographer, and a gardener (at times~right now I'm growing weeds). I love to laugh, drink strong Starbucks coffee, take pictures, and be anywhere my family is. Jesus is my Savior and I try so hard to be the wife and momma that He has called me to be. I often fail but He lovingly picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me that with Him all things are possible. Feel free to join me on this journey of faith, stop in and say hello, look around, and leave a comment~I love comments. Why "Kiki's Corner?" My nephews call me Aunt Kiki and I love that too.

Anniversary Surprise!

My sweetheart and I had a fun, romantic dinner date last night. Just the two of us...we don't do this nearly enough. It was quite a treat! I had fun getting dressed up and waiting for my man to come home from work and pick me up. He came bounding through the door with big smile on his face. Here is what I unwrapped:

And, he told me this was on its way too:


I can hardly wait until it gets here! He knows how much I LOVE starbucks coffee. It's always hard to duplicate the coffee greatness at home. This machine promises to make starbucks coffee at home taste just like at the stores. It even makes hot tea and hot chocolate (his fave).

He even bought a card. Oh, how I love a good card! Then we went to a very fancy-smancy Italian place for dinner. Josh Grobin was playing in the background (Not in person, the cd) and happy couples were dining together. It looked like it was out of a movie. So romantic!

...And then, four women were seated next to us. They loudly began drinking wine and talking about a friend of theirs who had fallen asleep one night and woke up to a huge spider bite on her cheek. They went into great depth about how big the bite became until...here is the best part...it burst and tiny baby spiders came out! Gross! Needless to say we passed on dessert.

After dinner we headed to Target. Yes, you read that correctly. R needed some things for work the next day and I wanted to get Hannah some locker treasures that were on sale. (She starts junior high in a few weeks and this will be her first locker-I want it to be special) We picked up a bag of peanut m & m's (my tastes are easy to please) and watched the MOST beautiful sunset together.

It was as if God painted the most beautiful sunset just for us. So many brilliant colors! It was awesome. We held hands and looked into each others eyes and dreamed about what the next 18 years will hold. So many memories and so many more to make. Thank you God for my husband and for the deep love we share for You, each other and our girls. May You always be the center of our home and may our lives bring You much joy, glory, and honor!


Joyfully,
Kristi





6 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Awww! You had me up until the spider story lol. It's nice to see that there are other wonderful marriages out there. I'm glad that we are becoming blog buddies. THanks for letting me see a taste of what your life is about.
Blessings to you my friend.
Kim

Liz said...

Spiders! Can that really happen?Gross.I am so happy that you enjoyed your anniversary.Especially the sunset.God is amazing.:)

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Happy Anniversary! I want one of those coffee makers so badly! It's already on my Christmas list!

Anonymous said...

Spiders..yikes! LOL; The post was still very sweet.

Addicted to Beadz said...

Kristi,

That is just sick! Oh sorry, not your date with your hubby. That spider business. That just gives me the creeps!

You have yourself a good hubby!

Hope you have many more years!

Blessings!
Cheryl

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great day! I want that Starbucks coffee brewer thingy. Yum-O...